The North Carolina Bill of Sale Forms are considered legal documents by the state, that are used to prove a legal sale and purchase has been transacted between parties. The documents provide information about the seller, buyer, prove change of ownership and will provide identifiers with regard to items being sold and purchased. Some forms will require notarization.
Boat Bill of Sale – Legally required in order to trasnfer the title and for the new owner to obtain registration and stickers for the vessel.
General Bill of Sale – For any type of personal item that is to be bought and sold.
Gun Bill of Sale – Acts as a receipt for the transfer.
Vehicle Bill of Sale – Required to prove a sale for personal records and for obtaining registration from a DMV office.
North Carolina Vessel Registration Forms
- If registering a newly purchased vessel, you will need a completed NC Vessel Registration & Title Application(Form VL-1)
- A bill of sale
- Proof of identification
- Be prepared to pay all registration and titling fees
North Carolina Vehicle Registration Forms
- You will be required to provide a driver’s licence or state ID card
- Proof of Insurance
- A bill of sale
- A notarized vehicle title.
- If a lien holder has your vehicle title, then you must present your current out-of-state registration and an odometer reading.
- If there are co-owners to the vehicle, all necessary documents must be presented or filled out for both owners.
- A lien release (if applicable).
- All of the following forms must be completed and presented to the DMV
- Complete a Title Application (Form MVR-1)
- A completed Declaration of Eligible Risk (Form MVR-615)
- A completed Damage Disclosure Statement (Form MVR-181)
- If your vehicle is less than 10 years old you will require an Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form MVR-180)
- Be prepared to pay all registration fees to be paid at registration