The Michigan Bill of Sale Forms are considered legal documents that provide proof of sale and change of ownership of vehicles, vessels or an abundance of other items, commercial and personal. The documents will provide all of the information to show legal proof of purchase, identification number and descriptions. Some of the documents will require notarization.
Boat Bill of Sale – This form would be used to provide legal proof of purchase and change of ownership of a vessel/boat.
Firearm Bill of Sale – Will be used to prove sale and purchase, as well as change of ownership of a firearm of any kind.
General Bill of Sale – This document is most generally used between two private parties to show proof of purchase and change of ownership with regard to the sale of personal property.
Trailer/Watercraft/Snowmobile Bill of Sale -To be used to provide proof of sale and purchase of any Trailer, Watercraft or Snowmobile. This document will prove change of ownership.
Vehicle Bill of Sale – This form will show proof of sale and purchase of a motor vehicle. It will show change of ownership and is generally needed to register a vehicle.
Michigan Boat Registration Forms
- You will require a completed Application for Michigan Watercraft Title
- A bill of sale
- If it’s a new purchase from a dealer, you must have available, invoice, bill of lading, certificate of origin, or out-of-state title.
- Personal Identification
- If you’re registering in person, be prepared to pay all registration fees – If you’re registration will be by mail, you will be required to send a check or money order with your required documents.
Michigan Firearm Registration Forms
- Current photo ID to prove that you’re age eligible to purchase a firearm. As well, you must be able to prove that you’re a resident of the state inasmuch as no one from outside the state of Michigan will be able to purchase a firearm in Michigan
Obtain a purchase permit if you are not purchasing from an Federal Firearm License dealer. Should you decide to purchase elsewhere you will be required to purchase the permit unless you currently are in possession of a concealed pistol license(CPL). In which case all that will be required is a RI-60. This is also called a license to purchase a pistol, or an LTP. This will be valid for 30 days.
- Complete the application for a pistol purchase permit at your local police agency and present your required current photo ID. The police will do a minimally invasive background check
Once you pass all of the required legalities, you will be provided with a license to purchase. You will need this document to purchase any firearm.
- Be certain that both yourself as well as your gun dealer sign the permit and PSR at the time of purchase. Keep a copy of the signed purchase permit and PSR for your own records as the dealer will keep the original
- Once you pick up your license and purchase your firearm, the seller or dealer will be required to report this information within 14 days to the state police.
Michigan Trailer, Snowmobile or Watercraft Registration Forms
- You will also need the following:
- Title showing change of ownership
- Photo ID
- Last registration, if any
- A bill of sale
- Hull ID Number if it’s a larger watercraft
- Odometer Statement
- Proof of insurance
- Be prepared to pay all fees at registration
Michigan Vehicle Registration Forms
- The buyer’s and seller’s signatures.
- The signature of the lienholder, if applicable.
- The vehicle identification number (VIN).
- Odometer reading
- Proof of MI no-fault auto insurance
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Be prepared to pay all registration fees at registration