The Idaho Bill of Sale Forms are legal documents that are used to prove that a sale, purchase or trade has been executed between an entity and individual or two private parties. These document are also capable of proving change of ownership, describe the sale, purchase and/or trade and any other information needed to protect both the seller and the buyer. Some of these documents are necessary for registration. Some of these documents may require notarization in order to authenticate the information and will not be accepted without notarization. Therefore, with these particular forms, do not provide signature until all parties are gathered before a notary for identification and witness.
Boat Bill of Sale – This document would be used to prove sale, purchase or trade of a vessel.
General Bill of Sale – To be used, generally, between two private parties to prove purchase of any sort of personal items.
Gun Bill of Sale – Used in the sale/purchase/trade and to prove change of ownership of a firearm.
Vehicle Bill of Sale – This document would be used to prove the sale and purchase of a motorized vehicle of any kind in the state of Idaho. It will also prove change of ownership and will be needed for registration with the DMV.
Register a Motor Vehicle in Idaho
- You will need a completed Application for Certificate of Title
- For out of state vehicles being registered for the first time in the state, you will need a completed VIN Inspection
- A bill of sale (serves also as proof of ownership)
- A picture ID (Driver’s License or State ID)
- A title
- Proof of Auto Insurance that will meet the Idaho minimums
- Be prepared to pay all required fees at the time of registration
Idaho Gun Registration Forms
- Current picture identification
- A completed Concealed Weapons License Application
- A State of Idaho Training Certificate of Completion
- If you are an alien in the US there is an added Alien Registration Form required
- A bill of sale or some other proof of ownership
- Note that no state police will accept an application directly from the individual, you must apply first to the local Idaho Sheriff’s Department.
Idaho Vessel/Boat Registration Forms
- A boat title
- A bill of sale or other proof of ownership
- A completed Application for Certificate of Title
- Picture Identification (driver’s license or state ID)
- Completed Boating Education Certificate (if needed)
- Be prepared to pay all registration fees at the time of registration