» » New Hampshire Eviction Notice Forms – Process and Laws

New Hampshire Eviction Notice Forms – Process and Laws

Create a high quality document online now!

The New Hampshire eviction notice forms are documents that may be utilized to either inform a tenant of an impending eviction if things don’t change, or to let the other party know that you don’t intend to renew a month-to-month lease. In New Hampshire, if a tenant is not paying rent, a landlord must deliver both a Demand for Rent and an Eviction Notice. The tenant will have seven days to respond. If there is no response, landlord may proceed with obtaining a a Writ of Possession from the Local District Court. The landlord will have to include copies of the notices delivered to tenant, and an Affidavit of Damages.

Notices By Type

Notice to Quit (For All Lease Violation Types) – Check the appropriate box on the form for the notice that best matches the tenant’s violation:

  • Non-payment of rent – 7 days’ notice and the Demant for Rent is required to be attached.
  • Non-compliance – 30 days’ notice

In most cases tenant shall have the right to cure the violation. In relation to non-payment, the tenant shall have seven (7) days plus must pay a $15 fee along with any other charges claimed by the landlord. If tenant has received a demand notice 3 times in a twelve month period, he or she will not be able to cure the violation

30-Day Notice to Quit (Month to Month) – This form is for use when either party wishes to end a month-to-month tenancy.

When is Rent Due

Rent is due on the state specified in the lease. If it is not received by the landlord on that date, it is considered late and landlord may proceed with a demand notice.

How to Evict (Process)

Step 1 – In New Hampshire, before a landlord can begin eviction proceedings, he or she must inform the tenant of any breach of the lease and give them an opportunity to fix it. If it is a breach for non-payment, landlord must deliver a Demand for Rent and an Eviction Notice and give the tenant 7 days to pay. If it is for another breach other than non-payment of rent, landlord may provide a non compliance notice (Notice to Quit (For All Lease Violation Types).

Step 2 – If tenant fails to cure the breach (either pay all the rent that is due, or fix the issue that caused the lease to be violated), landlord may proceed to the Local District Court to obtain a Writ of Possession form. The Landlord must fill this out and an Affidavit of Damages, as well as provide copies of the notice and demand and pay a fee of $125.

Step 3 – The landlord must then have the writ served on tenant by the sheriff. Tenant will have to respond by the date set forth on the writ, or the court will issue a default judgment.