The West Virginia Bill of Sale Forms legal documents that are used to provide proof when items are being legally sold and purchased in the state of West Virginia. The forms will document information regarding the seller, buyer, identifiable information about the item(s) as well as change of ownership. Some documents may require notarization.
Firearm Bill of Sale – Use this document to prove the legal sale and purchase. Acts a receipt for the new owner.
General Bill of Sale – This document is generally used by private sellers and buyers to prove the sale and purchase of personal property.
Vehicle/Trailer/Boat Bill of Sale – This form would be used to prove purchase of a vehicle or a vessel in the state. This form when completed, may be required as part of the registration and titling process.
West Virginia Vehicle/Vessel Registration Forms
- You will need to have the vehicle title properly signed over to you by the previous owner
- You must complete an Application for Certificate of Title for a Motor Vehicle (form DMV-1-TR)
- A bill of sale
- Any vehicle up to 10 years of age will require an odometer disclosure statement completed by the seller on the application
- Proof of auto insurance
- Driver’s license for proof of residence and identity
- Payment for all required fees and taxes
- If the vehicle does not have an inspection sticker affixed then you must have the vehicle inspected within 10 days of registration and titling