The Washington Bill of Sale Forms are considered legal documents in the state of Washington, to provide proof of legal sale and purchase of various items, mechanical and otherwise. These documents will provide necessary identifiable information pertaining to items being sold as well, information regarding the buyer, seller and change of ownership. Some documents require notarization.
Firearm Bill of Sale – The exchanging of a gun for trade.
General Bill of Sale – This form is usually completed by parties who would like to provide proof of sale and purchase of personal property.
Vehicle or Vessel Bill of Sale – Complete this document to show proof of a legal sale and purchase of a vehicle. The same document may be used for the sale and purchase of a vessel/boat. This form may be required for registration and titling of either.
Washington Firearm Registration Forms
Needed to Register – There is no registration required per say, in the state of Washington. With regard to handguns, there is an application that must be completed, a background check will be necessary and a 5 day waiting period. The application will require that you provide the following information:
- Your full legal name
- Physical address
- Your driver’s license number
- The application also requires that you provide the following information pertaining to the handgun:
- The model
- Manufacturer’s number
- A statement from the buyer that the individual is eligible to be in a possession of a pistol will be required as part of the application process
Washington Vehicle/Vessel Registration Forms
Documentation needed for a vehicle:
- A title signed over to you
- A bill of sale
- An Odometer Statement (if applicable)
- An emissions certificate
- Vehicle Certificate of Ownership (Title) Application (Form 420-001)
- If you have a lien on your vehicle and are unable to produce a title, the lien holder must send you a front and back copy of the title
- Be prepared to pay the fees for titling and registration which does occur on the same visit in Washington
Documentation needed to register a vessel/boat – If you’ve purchased a vessel/boat from a dealer, they will submit your paperwork for you, otherwise, gather the following documentation:
- You will need a completed Vessel Title Application (Form TD-420-289)
- A bill of sale
- If you’re a new resident or have purchased a boat from outside of the state, you will require your title and out of state registration. If you are unable to produce these documents, contact your local DOL Office for further instruction.
- Provide a receipt as proof that you have paid taxes on the vessel
- Be prepared to pay your title and registration Fees