The Oklahoma Bill of Sale Forms are considered legal documents that are designed to provide legal proof of sale and purchase. These documents will provided needed information regarding the parties, change of ownership and any identifying information pertaining to anything being sold and purchased. Some documents will require notarization.
Firearm Bill of Sale – This document will be provided to prove the legal sale and purchase as well as change of ownership of a firearm
General Bill of Sale – Is designed to be used by two private parties selling and purchasing personal property
Vehicle Bill of Sale – This form will show that a motor vehicle in Oklahoma has been legally sold and purchased and there has been a change of ownership. This form is often required as a part of the registration process and will require notarization
Vessel Bill of Sale – Will be used to prove the legal sale and purchase of a vessel/boat in Oklahoma
Oklahoma Vehicle Registration Forms
- A completed Application for Oklahoma Certificate of Title for a Vehicle (Form 701-6).
- A bill of sale
- Driver’s license
- The manufacturer’s certificate of origin for a new vehicle
- The current title that has been transferred to you
- Proof of your Oklahoma car insurance
- Payment for title and registration fees.
- Lien documentation if your vehicle is financed.
- An odometer disclosure statement if the vehicle is 9 years old or less. This can be included on the transferred title or bill of sale
- If your vehicle is used or has been bought or purchased in another state, the tag agent will perform a vehicle identification number (VIN) and/or odometer inspection before the OTC issues your title certificate
Register a Vessel in Oklahoma
- You must complete a Complete a Application for Certificate of Title for a Boat or Outboard Motor (Form BM-26)
- A bill of sale
- You must complete a Boat or Outboard Motor Serial Number Confirmation (Form BM-10) if your boat’s outboard engine is over 10 horsepower.
- You must submit a Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO) if the boat has been purchased new. Or submit the boat’s previous title if it’s been purchased from an individual.
- Take the documents to the OTC. Be prepared to pay all taxes and registration related fees