The Nebraska Bill of Sale Forms are legal documents that prove the legal sale and purchase of vehicles, boats, firearms or anything that needs proof of sale or even if the seller and buyer would simply like to have proof of sale and ownership, for their records. These documents will provide information with regard to the seller, buyer, the item(s) being sold and change of ownership. In some cases these documents are required for registration and will require notarization.
Boat Bill of Sale – Can be used to provide proof of sale, purchase and change of ownership of a vessel.
Firearm Bill of Sale – Provides proof of sale, purchase, and change of ownership of a gun.
General Bill of Sale – Generally, this form is utilized between two private parties with regard to the sale and purchase of personal items
Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale – This will document the sale, purchase and prove change of ownership of a motor vehicle. This form is often required for registration.
Nebraska Boat Registration Forms
- Application for Certificate of Title
- Since all boats must have a Hull ID number (HIN) if you have not been assigned a number, you may use this Assigned Number ID Application to acquire a number that is legally required in order to operate your boat on Nebraska waterways
- NO boat insurance is required, but it’s highly recommended that you acquire insurance for your security as well as the security of your fellow boaters, both sharing the waterways and those who may board your vessel
- A bill of sale
- Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO)
- Certificate of Title – properly assigned
- In the event you’ve purchased a motorboat and were not provided the appropriate documentation to provide evidence of ownership, you may be eligible for a Bonded Certificate of Title
- Copy of photo ID if you’re mailing the documents
- Be prepared to pay all taxes and registration fees
Nebraska Firearm Registration Forms
- Take a completed Nebraska Concealed Handgun Permit Application to your local state patrol. Since some counties handle applicants differently, you will be guided according to the location in which you visit for applying.
Nebraska Motor Vehicle Registration Forms
- A bill of sale
- Provide a receipt to prove that excise taxes have been paid
- Proof of Insurance
- If it’s a leased vehicle, provide a copy of the lease agreement
- A title that has been signed over to you
- Personal ID/Driver’s License