The North Dakota Bill of Sale Forms are considered legal documents in the state of North Dakota that prove the legal sale and purchase of specific items. The documents will provide various information regarding the identification of items being sold and purchased, information regarding the seller and the buyer as well, they will provide proof that there has been a change of ownership. Some of the documents may require notarization.
Boat Bill of Sale – For the purchase and sale of a watercraft from one party to another.
General Bill of Sale – For the transfer of possession of any type or personal property.
Firearm Bill of Sale – A gun may be conveyed through this document and a buyer willing to pay the price approved by the seller.
Vehicle Bill of Sale – Document that is needed when registering and transferring the title from the seller to a buyer.
North Dakota Boat Registration Forms
- You will require a completed Application for Watercraft Certificate of Number (Form SFN 6102)
- Proof of identification
- A bill of sale (if needed)
- You will need to be prepared to pay all registration fees – the fee schedule is located on the Application for Watercraft Certificate of Number (Form SFN 6102)
North Dakota Vehicle Registration Forms
- A completed Application for Certificate of Title & Registration of a Vehicle (SFN 2872)
- You must provide proof of your legal name ie: Valid driver’s license, Non-driver ID card, Any document that confirms your legal identity
- Your signed vehicle title and a 5% excise tax as required.
- If you do not have the title because you’re financing your vehicle provide the following:
- Name and address of the lien holder
- Loan account number.
- Out-of-state vehicle registration
- Proof that you have paid or remitted the 5% excise tax
- If you’re registering a new vehicle, you will require a Certificate or Origin and a Odometer Reading statement from the dealer
- Be prepared to pay all registration fees