The Montana Bill of Sale Forms are legal documents that sellers and buyers alike would use to prove and record purchases and/or trades. These forms will prove that a legal transaction has taken place as well as the change of ownership. The forms also provide vital information with regard to the vessel, vehicle, firearm or any personal items sale, to include any identifying numbers and/or information. Some forms will require notarization for authentication.
Boat Bill of Sale – This document would be used to prove a legal sale and change of ownership of a vessel/boat (motorized).
Firearm Bill of Sale – This form would be used to document the legal sale and purchase of a firearm.
General Bill of Sale – Generally, this document is used between two private parties to document the sale and purchase of personal items.
Vehicle Bill of Sale – This document will provide information regarding the legal sale and purchase of a motor vehicle.
Montana Vessel Registration Forms
- A completed Application for Vessel Certificate of Title
- You must provide a Vehicle/Vessel/OHV Identification Number Inspection Certificate – take the form to any peace officer and they will be able to assist you with provision of inspection and completion of the required form
- Photo Identification
- Proof of boat insurance in MT
- Be prepared to pay all fees required for your inspection and registration
Montana Vehicle Registration Forms
- Application for Certificate of Title for a Motor Vehicle
- The title to the vehicle that’s been signed over to you
- A bill of sale
- Proof of Auto Insurance
- Driver’s license/Photo ID
- Be prepared to pay all registration, taxes and titling fees at registration