The Maine Bill of Sale Forms are documents that prove the legal sale and purchase of anything from motor vehicles to personal items. The documents will prove not only sale but change of ownership and provide information about the seller, buyer and whatever is being sold. Some forms will require the presence of a notary public prior to signature.
Boat Bill of Sale – Would be used to show information with regard to the sale of the boat, change of ownership and other information.
Firearm Bill of Sale – This form would be utilized to prove the legal sale and purchase of a firearm in the state of Maine.
General Bill of Sale – Is generally used between private parties for the sale and purchase of private property.
Vehicle Bill of Sale – Will be used to prove the legal sale and purchase of a motor vehicle. This document will prove change of ownership and is often needed to register a vehicle.
Maine Boat Registration Forms
- A Maine Boat Registration Application
- A bill of sale
- A dealer’s receipt, if the vessel was purchased from a dealer- to prove your taxes were paid
- Excise tax, must be paid before registration
- Proof of boat insurance
- Photo ID
- Go to the registration prepared to pay any registration fees
Maine Vehicle Registration Forms
- A receipt showing you’ve paid your excise tax
- If it is a private purchase you will also need to pay a 5.5% Maine sales tax that would be based on the price you paid foe the vehicle
- If the vehicle you register is bran new, you must provide the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) sticker, or you may submit a copy of the sticker.
- A bill of sale
- The yellow and white copy of your registration application
- Provide the blue title application, for vehicles newer than 1995 only
- If purchased from a private party, present the title that has been signed over to you by the previous owner of the vehicle
- Proof of auto insurance
- Maine state Driver’s license
- Be prepared to pay a $33.00 titling fee and any additional fees required for registration