The Kentucky Bill of Sale Forms are considered legal documents to show proof that items have been legally sold and purchased between two parties (dealer or private party) and that change of ownership has been executed. Some documents may require notarization, therefore, unless all signatories are before a notary, it’s advised that all signing parties withhold any signatures, until all parties are in the presence and witness of a notary public.
Boat Bill of Sale – This form would provide all information to prove that a vessel has been sold and purchased legally, also providing all required registration information.
Firearm Bill of Sale – To be used to provide change of ownership and proof that a firearm has been sold an purchased legally.
General Bill of Sale – This document is usually employed between two private parties to show proof that any personal item(s) have been legally procured, also serving as a receipt if needed.
Vehicle Bill of Sale – Would be used to provide all information needed for registration and to prove current ownership and legal sale of the car/auto/motorcycle.
Kentucky Vessel Registration Forms
- You will need to complete a Motor Boat Transaction Record Application for Title/Registration form
- A bill of sale
- A Driver’s License
- Your social Security Card
- Go prepared to pay all registration fees (fees determined by type and length of the vessel)
Kentucky Firearm Registration Forms
- When applying for a a CCDW license, you must complete an application form at the sheriff’s office in his or her county of residence, in person
- The applicant must also pay a $20.00 fee made payable to the Sheriff’s Office in your area of residence and a $40.00 check or money order made payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer. Your total fees will be $60 application fee at the time of application. Active and retired officers of the peace that meet the requirements of KRS 237.110(7) are exempt from paying the application or renewal fee – Any application that is not not accompanied by a check or money order for $40.00 payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer will be returned, unprocessed, to the sheriff of the applicant’s county of residence.
- A new photograph similar to a passport photograph, must be provided, in the event a license is issued, inasmuch as your picture must be on the firearm license – The photo must be no less than three and one-half (3 1/2) inches by four (4) inches; and must not exceed four (4) inches by six (6) inches
- You must provide a photocopy of a certificate provided by a certified firearm training course that has been offered or approved by the Department of Criminal Justice Training
- Present a current driver’s license at the time of your application and presentation of all other documents
- A notarized bill of sale
Kentucky Vehicle Registration Forms
- The state of Kentucky stopped the emissions testing in 2005 for vehicles in the state. However, if you do not have a Kentucky title, you will need to go to any local Sheriff’s Office, in your county, to acquire a vehicle inspection. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of inspection, required to register and title your vehicle
- You’ll need a completed Application for Kentucky Certificate of Title/Registration (Form TC 96-182)
- Note* – Titles issued February 2000 and after will have the transaction and change of ownership transaction form on the back side of the title that May be be completed, in place of the application for title and registration.
- A bill of sale
- Proof of Insurance purchased in Kentucky
- Your social security number
- Be prepared to pay all of the taxes and fees associated with this transaction